Everyone loves a good story – they draw us in, can provide valuable learning and can compel us to take action. The ability to story-tell has been recognized as a top leadership competency.
Acknowledgement of and the creation of stories can celebrate and shape organizational culture by helping individuals recognize their personal connection to their team and organization.
We have helped teams tell their stories of inspiration, purpose and success through the mediums of audio podcasts and short video productions. Following a structured format with clear parameters and timelines we have found that teams can quickly create insightful stories to celebrate their accomplishments and to articulate powerful messages to their audience of coworkers, board members and/or clients.
This creative team development activity is right for teams who wish to:
- Surface untapped creative potential within a team
- Deepen understanding of their personal connection to their team and organization
- Cultivate meaningful relations and connections with their colleagues
- Increase confidence in communication and personal presence
- Articulate passion and purpose to a chosen audience
This fast moving activity is a fun way to either start or finish a session and provides a valuable piece to share at team gatherings. Working in small groups removes the pressure from individuals to "perform" and it can be a great way to learn more about the creative talents of co-workers.
"There are two ways to share knowledge. You can push information out. You can pull them in with a story." – Unknown